The Red Tree Lodge offers rewarding employment in a fun and sociable work environment. Are you a reliable hard worker with good attention to detail, decision making abilities and a willingness to work on your own and as part of a team?
The Red Tree Lodge is currently hiring:
Are you a motivated leader that makes your team want to perform as well as you do? The Red Tree Lodge is hiring for the position of Housekeeping Manager and we want to speak with you!
- Cleaning hotel rooms and common areas.
- Managing the housekeeping team including: hiring, training, scheduling, discipline and firing of staff.
- Supervising staff including: lead team meetings, collect and present the room sheets, assign work to the team, ensure equipment needed is available, find replacement staff in the case of a no-show.
- Ordering of room supplies including: use of a par level inventory system, weekly inventorying, negotiating with suppliers, ordering of supplies and properly receiving orders.
- Ensuring use of standardized systems including: preparing lesson plans, training new staff, ongoing staff training, spot checks to ensure use of systems, feedback to staff.
- Organization of housekeeping workspaces including: daily checks on condition of carts, closets and laundry rooms, organize work spaces as needed, train staff on how to keep workspaces organized.
- Quality control including: all room and common area inspections, train supervisors to do inspections in your absence, follow up with staff on any deficiencies.
- Develop/update job descriptions, training manuals, systems and procedures for all housekeeping positions so that they are clearly documented and easily accessible.
- Be fully versed with statutory fire legalities and health and safety procedures and take control in the event of an emergency.
- Attend, and provide department report at, weekly management meetings, communication with other departments
- Maintain staffing and supply costs within company budgets.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience is required, in addition to a preference for those with a minimum of two years experience in housekeeping operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hotel housekeeping operations, policies and procedures.
- Passionate about hospitality and the guest experience.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop a team.
- Strong written/verbal communication and training skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays.
Schedule and Compensation
- Position starting immediately
- Starting rate depends on experience but includes a competitive salary, great employee perks, and more
- This position is full time (5 shifts per week), year round, and permanent
- Hours of work are generally 9AM to 5PM
- Must be available both weekdays and weekends
The Red Tree Lodge is 43 bedroom hotel based in central Fernie. The property offers 3 star standard accommodation plus a wide range of facilities more often associated with a hostel such as a guest kitchen, free laundry, games room, lounge, pool, hot tub and sauna. The hotel is popular with mountain sports enthusiasts, families and business travelers.
The hotel is owned by a travel company called NONSTOP Adventure which offers ski & snowboard courses in western Canada, New Zealand and France. During the winter season the hotel is home to NONSTOP’s course participants resulting in high occupancy, and a warm ‘lodge’ atmosphere. Summer occupancy has been almost doubling year on year and now represents as busy a period as the winter season resulting in a rewarding year round work environment with plenty of potential.
Interested? Apply Now!
Attention: Jon Ward
Email: [email protected] (preferred)
Fax: 250 423 5878
In Person: at 1101 7th Ave Fernie