Our guests have noticed for years that we take cleaning very seriously! They tell us in our testimonials and reviews all the time, but really its one of the most important ways for the hotel and staff to show how much we care about our guests.
BC COVID Restart Plan
British Columbia has now vaccinated over 80% of our eligible population and our case counts are dropping fast. As a result, we are moving to Step 3 effective July 1st – CANADA DAY!
This means we are welcoming recreational travel from all of Canada, and many other restrictions are lessened or removed. However, masks and physical distancing are mandated by the provincial government in the Interior Health region of BC. Our Guest Kitchen is now reopened for use!
Make your reservations now!
For more details and information, please visit the BC Government COVID travel advisory page.
Please note that masks are required in public areas of the hotel.
Guests from outside Canada are now welcome to visit, please review the border and entry requirements on the Canadian Government site.
Our Guests all affirm that in the last 14 days prior to arrival, they:
- have not had any flu-like symptoms,
- have not been diagnosed with COVID-19,
- have not been in close contact with a known-positive COVID-19 patient.
If you cannot affirm the preceding, we request that you follow provincial health guidelines, cancel your reservation, and self-isolate.
Our guests understand and agree to follow all property procedures and policies.
Failure to do so may result in eviction and cancellation without refund.
In addition to all the normal cleaning we’ve always done, we have added a number of enhanced cleaning protocols as we re-open our hotel. We are committed to meet or exceed the official health recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and keep our staff and guests safe. Here’s a few examples:
- Our staff will not come to work if they have any flu-like symptoms.
- All employees practice diligent hand hygiene. This means we wash our hands constantly!
- We also have hand sanitizer stations located throughout the hotel, for our use and yours.
- We have removed all unnecessary items from our hotel rooms. This includes things like additional pillows, blankets, and more. These items are still available by request. If you need anything, just let us know!
- We are waiting one day before our staff enter a vacated room to clean it. The BCCDC recommends 3 hours but we are exceeding that! All items are either removed or disinfected in this cleaning process.
- After the room has been cleaned, we wait a minimum of 3 hours before we check a guest into the room. By disinfecting all hard surfaces and allowing more than a day between guests, we ensure that the room is safe for occupation.
- We have installed a plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
- We clean common touch areas like handrails and door handles several times a day. BCCDC guidelines recommend twice daily, but we’re doing it twice per shift.
- We have installed hands-free door openers on many of our common area doors so you don’t need to touch them!
- We have designed a “reduced contact” check-in experience. We ask that you bring an email-enabled device (smartphone or tablet) to help with this.
- We are not offering any housekeeping in your room during your stay. We have provided cleaning supplies in the rooms, and delivery to your door of anything else you might need is available.
- Tourism Fernie has also prepared a great PDF to help you plan your trip!
Revised Amenities offering
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer many of our amenities due to provincial health recommendations. As these recommendations change and procedures are developed, we look forward to making them available again. Tourism Fernie is also keeping track of all the businesses in Fernie; who is open and what has changed.
Open or Revised Operations
- Front Desk is open, with slightly reduced staffing. We ask that you call the desk rather than visit in person if possible.
- Our Breakfast Snack is limited to the brown bag option. The lobby buffet is not available.
- Our guest kitchen is available again. We have limited space and so request that guests dine in their rooms, or outside, but cooking facilities are once again a possibility!
- Our board games are available, with limited availability. Once a game has been borrowed, we ask that you keep it for the length of your stay. We disinfect it after checkout, or take it out of circulation for a minimum of three days before lending it out again.
- Our guest laundry is available. We ask that you clean the machines after your use. Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer are provided.
- Our pool and hot tub are available by request. There is a limit of one room/family group (6 people maximum) in the pool area at a time, and we are maintaining a buffer between users to allow us to disinfect the room.
- Frolf discs are available. We disinfect them when returned.
- We have three bikes available for guest use in the summer months.
We disinfect them upon return by the guest. We ask that you bring your
own helmet, please.
- Our bike amenities and the
cleaning station is open in summer months and the storage room is
accessible by guests.
- Our BBQ is available for the summer.
- Our ski tuning room will be open for the season. Unfortunately, we
will not be providing tuning equipment so please bring your own.
- Our ski lockers are available for use. Please do not take skis or snowboards to your room.
- Our boot drying room will be available for the ski season.
- Smokehouse is closed for the summer. We look forward to reopening next winter for the ski season.
- The movie theatre
is not available but we plan to offer it by reservation soon. In the
meantime, we have DVD players we can lend for your use in the room, and
DVDs can be borrowed (disinfected after use). We also have HDMI cables
available, so you can connect a laptop to the TV in your room if you
would like to use your personal Netflix account or similar.
- Our games room is temporarily closed.
- Our sauna is closed for the time being.
- Our street hockey equipment is not available.