Our guests have noticed for years that we take cleaning very seriously! They tell us in our testimonials and reviews all the time, but really its one of the most important ways for the hotel and staff to show how much we care about our guests.
Please note that masks are optional in public areas of the hotel.
Guests from outside Canada are now welcome to visit, please review the border and entry requirements on the Canadian Government site.
In addition to all the normal cleaning we’ve always done, we have added a number of enhanced cleaning protocols as we re-open our hotel. We are committed to meet or exceed the official health recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and keep our staff and guests safe. Here’s a few examples:
- Our staff will not come to work if they have any flu-like symptoms.
- All employees practice diligent hand hygiene. This means we wash our hands constantly!
- We also have hand sanitizer stations located throughout the hotel, for our use and yours.
- We have installed a plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
- We clean common touch areas like handrails and door handles several times a day. BCCDC guidelines recommend twice daily, but we’re doing it twice per shift.
- We have installed hands-free door openers on many of our common area doors so you don’t need to touch them!
- We have designed a “reduced contact” check-in experience. We ask that you bring an email-enabled device (smartphone or tablet) to help with this.
- We are offering housekeeping during your stay, but if you prefer you can always opt out. We can provide cleaning supplies for you if needed.
- Tourism Fernie has also prepared a great PDF to help you plan your trip!
Revised Amenities offering
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer some of our amenities due to provincial health recommendations. As these recommendations change and procedures are developed, we look forward to making them available again. Tourism Fernie is also keeping track of all the businesses in Fernie; who is open and what has changed.
Open or Revised Operations
- All of our hotel amenities are currently available for guest use!
- Front Desk is open, fully staffed from 8am to 10pm. We ask that you call the desk rather than visit in person if possible.
- Our Breakfast Snack is limited to the brown bag option. The lobby buffet is not available.
- Smokehouse is closed until further notice