Griz Days Gone Demin! Welcoming visitors and locals for the biggest, snowiest winter celebrations! #GrizDays
Fernie’s annual winter carnival is a 3-day festival of fun-filled family-friendly events, activities, and entertainment.
This year the Griz is getting his Canadian Tuxedo out to celebrate Fernie’s 42nd year of Griz Days. The Powder King of the Lizard Range is embracing our Canadian fashion tradition of jeans and jean jackets for Griz Days Gone Denim 2019. This year’s winter festival runs March 1-3.
Pre-weekend activities include the community scavenger hunt with daily opportunities to win great prizes, and a cross-country ski challenge.
Friday activities include:
- The Fernie Arts Station’s family-friendly Griz Story Time for kids
- The Griz Days Pub Crawl for adults – sample the best of Fernie!
Saturday staple events include:
- Griz Days Craft Fair
- Griz Baby Crawl
- Extreme Griz Challenge to crown the King and Queen of the Mountain
- The Junior Griz Training Ground will be back for its second year. This is the perfect opportunity for young people to see if they have what it takes to compete in the future for the title of the Griz with a series of fun, skill-testing activities for kids of all ages.
- Evening festivities at Station Square in downtown Fernie from late afternoon into the evening featuring The Denim Daddies, Lumberjack show, live music, food trucks, a beer garden, and spectacular fireworks.
- The Griz Days Parade will be the highlight of the evening as it takes over 2nd Avenue in the early evening.
Sunday’s events will include The Dummy Downhill at Fernie Alpine Resort and more!
Join the party in Fernie on the first weekend of March and see how Fernie celebrates winter & The Griz! Learn more about the Legend of the Griz.
Make sure to pick up your Griz Pin at locations around town for $3 for a chance to win $1,000! See facebook page for details.
For more nightlife listings including live bands and DJ’s at bars around town on Griz Days weekend check the events calendar.
See events PDF for more details! Copies available around town and online.