This one-day seminar welcomes avalanche professionals and recreationalists alike to engage in vibrant discussions and learn from fellow avalanche practitioners.
A variety of research topics, case studies of past events and information on the latest snow safety gear will be presented.
As a lead-in for the International Snow Science Workshop (ISSW) to be held in Fernie, October 2020, the EVSAW will share a similar format with 30-minute presentations on a variety of snow and avalanche related topics.
- Discover what the Avalanche Canada South Rockies Team learned from tricky conditions, avalanche incidents and near misses last season
- Learn all about the “Fernie Factor” and how to predict your next powder day
- Master medical care for avalanche survivors
- Explore new digital tools for navigation
- Registration details to be announced shortly
- Limited space available
- You must purchase a ticket for your registration to be valid